Conquer the Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(July 13-19) Weekly Report

Go down

(July 13-19) Weekly Report Empty (July 13-19) Weekly Report

Post  CtS-SiegeTank Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:06 pm

This was a day late at first but now its two days late because for some reason the site reseted to Monday and everything posted on Tuesday was lost. So I have to write everything over. @_@
Anyways, very important NEW RULE so read this.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPCOMING EVENTS:

None. Well maybe one CW this Saturday at 19:00 CET. I canceled all tournaments and I'm reconsidering the whole A-Team B-Team thing. More info below.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOURNAMENT RESULTS OF LAST WEEK

We had a 2v2 Tournament that was open to the public last Friday. A few teams showed up for it but since there were no CtS teams in it it seemed pointless so I canceled it. I don't plan on setting up another 2v2 tournament anytime soon. More info below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLAN WAR RESULTS OF LAST WEEK

A-Team's CW vs Team Ak
--------------------------
We Lose 0-5 Tech Loss Sad

I was suppose to cancel this CW on Friday because too few people signed up for it, but I was too busy. No one showed up for it as I expected, not even me, so we lose by W.O. :S

B-Team's CW vs RSU:
--------------------------
We Won 3-2 Smile

1x1 games
CtS-Return 0:2 [RSU]NighTLesS
CtS-Singer 2:1 [RSU]Acid
cts-jk 2:0 [RSU]Atom
CtS-Gaucho 0:2 [RSU]Manx
2x2 games
CtS-Singer CtS-Gaucho 2:0 [RSU]NighTLesS [RSU]Manx

http://www.iccup.com/clanwar/10702.html <--Replays

I forgot to cancel this CW too and was expecting another W.O. But B-Team actually went out and won it! I wasn't around for this but Gaucho, Singer, Return, and JK did it on their own. I'm happy to see B-Team is still active. Good Job guys!
WHATS NEW WITH THE CLAN?
First here are all the new members recruited during the last two weeks. The bold ones are more recent.

New Recruits
-------------------
1.CtS-Bro D+ P user from Canada (brother of Lupus)
2.CtS-Perfekt D+ Z user from Australia
3.CtS-Younha Z user who used to be B- from Washington State
4.CtS-Tape D+ P user from California
5.CtS-Pupatree D+ Z user from California
6.CtS-MrTyppy D+ from Argentina
7.CtS-MLGPro Good Terran player who I kicked from the clan for being inactive but hes back now. (needs to request to join the team)
8.CtS-TerrariSt Terran user from Russia
9.CtS-Return D+ Zerg from USA
10.CtS-Neptupia D+ Protoss from Hong Kong
11.CtS.Nexus (level?) Zerg user from Hungary
12.CtS-Snapper Protoss player from Canada
13.CtS-jk Terran user from Finland
14.CtS-marmaliuza 2v2 Protoss player from Lithuania
15.CtS-Ockley Protoss player from Canada
16.CtS-Cross. D+ zerg from New Jersey USA
17.CtS-Random D+ zerg from Israel
18.CtS-iori D+ Zerg from Chile (only speaks spanish)

Yup me, CtS-Gaucho, and new recruiter CtS-Return have been busy. On Monday Night there were at least a dozen CtS members on. It was awesome. Anyways not planning on stopping recruiting anytime soon.

Also CtS-Terrarist told me about a much better website host: www.ucoz.com
I'm going to play around with that and see if I can make a better site.

What About All The Tourneys and CWs?
-----------------------------------------

There's several reasons why I canceled them:
1.There seems to be very little interest in them
2.I don't have the time to be organizing them anymore
3.The team isn't active enough on these forums (makes it too hard to organize these events)

With all the new recruits we may be active online, but were not organized enough to be able to meet
up for events like CWs and Tourneys. Same reason why I'm dropping A-team and B-team. I think it will just be easier to just set one CW every week always at the same time. Whoever can show for it will play in it. I chose Saturday 19 CET. When we get bigger and more organized we will set up some In Clan Tournaments and maybe go back to A and B team.

To encourage more people to post on these forums I made it so anyone can post without having to Register/Log In. You just have to fill your name in the blank to post as a guest. Also everyone, get MSN Messenger if you can. It will really help us keep in touch. Link is below.

New Rules
-----------

My old method of checking for activity by sending PMs to everyone each month takes up too much of my time and doesn't work so well. I need a new method to kick inactive people off the team. Especially now since a lot of old members seem to have gone inactive and so many new members that may or may not stick around.

So from now on everyone needs to play at least ONE LADDER GAME ONCE A WEEK. 1v1, 2v2, win, or loss it doesn't matter. As long as you have 1 game on your matchlist when I check it, I will know you are active. I will check everyone's matchlist every week. Those who don't have at least 1 game on it during that week I kick. I won't send PMs, I won't keep a list, I'm just going to kick people.

Using this method I'll probably end up kicking a few people who are active but just don't play much ladder. So if you were kicked just request to join the team again and no problem. This is just to check for activity I'm not really forcing everyone to play lots of ladder. But you still have to get to D+ by August 01. Razz

A few people are immune to this rule:
1.CtS-Drums- pays for vent
2.CtS-Knyttym- bot is his
3.CtS-Ultimatum- told me he was going on vacation and wont be back for a few weeks
4.CtS-berserker- vacation too

Anyways, You all have until next Monday to get a game on your match list between Monday, July 13 and Monday, July 20.

Here are some other rules you should know about if you haven't read them already:

1.I'm going to enforce D+. Everyone has until August 01 (1 Month) to get to D+ (1v1 or 2v2). I know everyone here can do it. If you need help look at Starcraft and Iccup Discussion forums for advice I posted. Also look in the Forums for each race. If you need more help let me know and I'll do what I can for you. Those who don't get to D+ will be kicked from the clan.
2.I'm going to enforce C- the next month. August 01 until September 01. I know all of you can make it to this as I will be posting more advice in forums and updating the HowToGetTo C- Thread.
3.On September 01, CtS Tags will be mandatory. All non CtS accounts will be kicked. So don't get too comfy on those.
FORUM TOPICS

Besides the threads about clan war and tournaments, here are some more you might want to check out:

For All New Members
----------------------
1.You can introduce yourself at the Intros Yo! thread.
2.CtS-Drums set us up a Ventrillo Server. All you need is a cheap Mic and you can use it to talk to each other. More info about it HERE
3.Here is the MSN Messenger Thread Get MSN messenger and share your e-mail there so we can keep in touch!
4.Here are our Clan Rules

For Members Trying To Improve Their Skills
----------------------------------------------
Check out the Starcraft and Iccup Discussion section of the Forums. You'll find advice on How to get to D+ and How to get to C-, 2v2 Strategies, Starcraft Resources For Improving, and a Training Partner Thread. You can also try checking the strategy sections for each race (Terran,Zerg,Protoss) You might find something there that can help you.
CtS-SiegeTank
CtS-SiegeTank
Admin

https://cts-team.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

(July 13-19) Weekly Report Empty Re: (July 13-19) Weekly Report

Post  Tank Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:35 pm

I'm testing the Guest account....for some reason it needs me to enter a code every time I post. I guess its to stop spammers.

Tank

Back to top Go down