Conquer the Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report

4 posters

Go down

(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Empty (July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report

Post  CtS-SiegeTank Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:51 pm

Four people were able to make it to this tournament so we went with 4 player single elimination, BO5.
Brackets Were:
CtS-astrL(0_o) vs CtS-Berserker
CtS-SiegeTank vs CtS-Seasons

Berserker and astrL both had to go during the middle of their match so they were disqualified. That left CtS-SiegeTank vs CtS-Seasons. So it ended up becoming more a contest between two of the best players in CtS, rather than a tournament. Here is the Battle Report of that Match:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CtS-SiegeTank vs CtS-Seasons
Beaner in America vs Aussie from Down Under
TERRAN vs ZERG
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report TerranvsZerg

An hour before the tournament started Siege and Season played 5 practice games on Python. The results were 3-2 for Siege. Two games were standard and resulted in Siege rolling over Season with a MM/Tank/Vessel army before he could get defilers. The others were Season experimenting with 2 Hatch and having mixed results. So both players knew this might be close.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Game: PYTHON
CtS-Seasons= Red at 9
CtS-SiegeTank= Purple at 12

Siege opens with the usual 1 Rax Expo while Season goes with fast 2 Hatch Mutas which is scouted by Siege's SCV. Seasons Mutas try to Harrass the Terran base but aren't able to do much as Siege has a ton of Turrets up and 3 Barracks pumping MM.
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game1Pic1
Seasons switches to Lurkers fast, takes a 3rd expansion, and techs to Hive. Siege probably over did it with the turrets and MM, because his Factory was late and he is soon contained with Lurkers.
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game1Pic2
By the time Siege has enough Vessels and Tanks to break out, Seasons has Defilers and is able to meet the Terran army with Swarms in the Middle.
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game1Pic3
With some more Swarms, Season pushes Siege back to his Base and finishes him off with Ultras.
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game1Pic4
CtS-Seasons 1
CtS-SiegeTank 0

Second Game: DESTINATION
CtS-Seasons= Red at 12
CtS-SiegeTank= Green at 6

Season scouts Siege early with a Drone and sees only 1 Rax and a gas making. Mech build? Season goes for 3 Hatch Hydra while Siege runs in with an MM force from a proxied Barracks and forces Season's Drones to run.
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game2Pic1
Seasons is soon able to clean up the MM with Hydras and counters with a Lurker Drop to even things up
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game2Pic2
Siege soon clears that up with Tanks and MM and then both players Macro up. Siege decides for 2 fast Factories pumping Tanks, while Seasons techs to Defilers ASAP. The result is Seasons destroying every army that Siege tried to attack with.
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game2Pic3
CtS-Seasons 2
CtS-SiegeTank 0

Third Game: TAU CROSS
CtS-Seasons= Blue
CtS-SiegeTank= Red

Siege tries to go for 1 Rax Expo but Seasons surprises him with a 5 pool.
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game3Pic1
Using Gosu panic micro Siege loses several SCVs and two Marines but is able to finish the Bunker and get 1 Marine into it. Seasons continues to mass Lings and picks off many stray SCVs, Marines, and even kills a Refinery and Academy. Seasons then decides to go in for the kill.
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game3Pic2
Kills the Bunker
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game3Pic3
But soon Firebats come to clean up the whole mess.
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game3Pic4
CtS-Seasons 2
CtS-SiegeTank 1

Fourth Game: NEO MEDUSA
CtS-Seasons= Blue at 11
CtS-SiegeTank= Yellow at 6

Siege walls off his Nat and goes for a Fast Expand build while Seasons goes for 3 Hatch Lurkers and tries to sneak in through the back by killing the Temples. But Siege sees it and is ready for it.
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game4Pic1
With both of Siege's fronts defended by Bunkers, Season really can't do much but take a 3rd base and tech to Hive. In the meantime Siege techs to Vessels, adds a 2nd Fac and 6 Barracks, and moves out with a large MM/Tank Force.
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game4Pic2
Seasons tries to delay the attack with his Lurkers and ends up losing most of them to Siege Fire. But he did manage to buy enough time get Defilers our and cast swarm to stop the attack. Siege having lost his Sci Vessel carelessly to Scourge, decides to go for Seasons expo instead but ends up getting flanked on the bridges between two swarms, and a few lurkers kill Siege's entire army.
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game4Pic3
Seasons is ready to counterattack but has to go back to save his base from Siege's drop.
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game4Pic4
He ends up losing his Defiler Mound, Lurker Den, Spawning Pool, and Hatchery. Once he clears up all the MM he is ready to resume the counter attack but the drop bought Siege enough time to make more Vultures and Science Vessels. Mines and Irridate kill Season's Defilers and many Lurker/Ling, while MM finish off the rest.
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game4Pic5
Siege uses his MM army to contain Seasons while using more Irridate, Mines, and Drops to chip away at Seasons defenses. Eventually Siege moves in for the kill.
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game4Pic6
CtS-Seasons 2
CtS-SiegeTank 2

Fifth Game: COLOSSEUM
CtS-Seasons= White at 5
CtS-SiegeTank= Purple at 11

Siege walls off and goes for Fast Expo. Seasons decides to do what worked in game 1 and go for 2 Hatch Muta. Again Siege scouts it and masses up Turrets+MM. The Muta Harrass does little damage but it kept Siege busy and by the time he remembers to scan the Zerg base he knows his Fac and Sci Vessels will be late again.
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game5Pic1
Siege tries to bust out of the Lurker contain using only MM. He manages to kill many Lurkers but ends up losing many MM too, while Seasons reinforces with new Lurkers to keep up the contain.
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game5Pic2
Knowing Defilers are coming Siege decides to surprise Seasons with Wraiths.
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game5Pic3
which Fails
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Game5Pic4
CtS-Seasons 3
CtS-SiegeTank 2

Winner, CtS-Seasons!
http://www.iccup.com/tourney/view/1625.html <--Replays

Picture of Seasons celebrating his victory:
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report CtS-Seasons

GGs Seasons. Two Hatch is not something I'm used to facing. I always assumed you would just mass Muta instead of switching to Lurkers fast. Need to remember to scan for it now, and maybe I should have made use of the backdoor in the last game:
(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Backdoor

Oh well, GGs (need to recruit more for bigger tourneys...)

Last edited by CtS-SiegeTank on Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:21 pm; edited 6 times in total
CtS-SiegeTank
CtS-SiegeTank
Admin

https://cts-team.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Empty =)

Post  SexyChibi Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:02 pm

awesome pics and details Smile I wanna start playing again but most people I knew on b.net quit. btw good job with keeping the site updated. Even though I don't post on here often, I do come on once in a while to read Smile

SexyChibi

Back to top Go down

(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Empty Re: (July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report

Post  ttSeason Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:18 pm

omg this is awesome hahaha, i can finish the rest if you would like =]]

ttSeason

Back to top Go down

(July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report Empty Re: (July 03) CtS Tournament Battle Report

Post  CtS-SiegeTank Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:49 pm

Sorry I went on a hiking trip with my dog before I could finish this. I'll finish it now.
Edit: finished
CtS-SiegeTank
CtS-SiegeTank
Admin

https://cts-team.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  astrL Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:03 am

Sorry for my leave ^^ i had to go nice play by season Wink
astrL
astrL

Back to top Go down

Post  ttSeason Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:19 am

yeh 2 hatch works well when u go 1 rax expo ^^ gotta figure out what im doing wrong vs ur 2 rax expo though Razz!

ttSeason

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down