Conquer the Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you planning on Getting SC2? Playing the BETA?

3 posters

Go down

Are you planning on Getting SC2? Playing the BETA? Empty Are you planning on Getting SC2? Playing the BETA?

Post  CtS-SiegeTank Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:21 pm

Apparently, a lot of you have BETA keys. I don't know how you got them but anyways: What do you think of SC2? Are planning on playing nothing but BETA when it comes out? Are you going to buy the game the moment it comes out?

Personally, I don't plan on playing BETA or getting SC2 when it comes out. I'm going to wait a while, see if it gets good or not and then buy it. There's some things I don't like about SC2 and problems I'm going to have in getting it. I'll explain more later, but for now I have to go!
CtS-SiegeTank
CtS-SiegeTank
Admin

https://cts-team.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Are you planning on Getting SC2? Playing the BETA? Empty Re: Are you planning on Getting SC2? Playing the BETA?

Post  CtS-Wra[T]h Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:32 am

From what i've see from SC2 battle reports, seems like its turnig into a C&C kinda gameplay with each unit having at least 1 special ability such as the new dragoon unitas being able to teeport etc and zealots being able to charge down enemies...

Also with new gameplay such as 1vs1 maps having 2 gas at start with special "yellow" mins that give u extramoney, seems to me it will be more macro than micro game with SC was always !

CtS-Wra[T]h

Back to top Go down

Are you planning on Getting SC2? Playing the BETA? Empty Re: Are you planning on Getting SC2? Playing the BETA?

Post  CtS-knyttym Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:42 pm

i don't have a beta key T.T

when it comes out though I plan on trying it out first. if it has the starcraft magic that I felt when I first saw starcraft then I might only play that. However if it is just fun and doesn't have a strong future, I'll play both sc and sc2.

CtS-knyttym

Back to top Go down

Post  CtS-SiegeTank Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:49 pm

Reason I wont be getting SC2 is because I'll have to get a new comp just to play it, and probably not worth it if it flops. =\ If it turns out great, I'll get it but it will take me a while to save up (bad credit confused)

Anyways, I'm not too excited about what they have shown so far. I was going to say that the feel and atmosphere isn't the same but you guys summed it up better. I don't feel the Starcraft magic and its too much like C and C.

I think the reason I like SC is because its basically a tribute to all my favorite movies from the late 80s. Alien1 and Aliens2, Predator (get to the choppah!!), and Starship Troopers. You guys ever seen these movies?

Also another reason I like SC is that everything was kept simple. Other RTS gave you stuff like LightTank, Medium Tank, Heavy Tank, Light Infantry, Heavy Infantry, Rocket Launcher Infantry, etc etc. Hate that. SC you get Marines and their your main Infantry. Everything else is a special type of Infantry only used in certain circumstances. You get only 1 Tank but it turns into Artillery! But SC2 seems to be turning into what I just described. SiegeTank and Thor (basically another tank but better -_- but more expensive). Marines, Marauders (heavy infantry -_-). Carrier, Tempest, Mothership (why so many capital ships?). So yeah its becoming like a different game with all these units that do the same thing but just cost different or build faster/slower, etc. Dunno if I will like the feel of it. Also Marines with Shields, WTF?

Another thing I'm not too excited about is the storyline. The games not going to be balanced until after all the expansions and after they patch it up a lot. So one reason I would get an imbalanced game is if it had a good storyline and good characters. The new Raynor and that Blue Marine, Tychus, are so cliche and uninteresting. Also the rest of his crew. The typical rough space marines who are bad ass, angry and like to drink/smoke etc. So many games have done that already. I mean, all the characters in SC are cliche too but they kept them interesting. Ex. all the Marines were rough space marine too, but they were red necks! So it was hilarious (Amerigo Station Battle Smile). Raynor was the typical cliche hero who acted like a cowboy/knight but it worked well. Now it seems like they're just trying to make him look bad ass and rough.

Lastly, i get the impression that they're trying to make an "epic" kind of storyline. The ALIEN movies and the original SC had story lines where everything was not black and white, everyone had their own intentions, and that made the stories interesting. An "epic" kind of storyline is something like: The Terrans (humans) unite with the SuperGood and Wise Protoss (elves) to stop the rampaging Zerg (orcs). To do this must search the galaxy and find the 3 mystical xel naga crystals that provide the secret to defeating the super evil Zergs. Well actually, BW's storyline was kinda like this, but Kerrigan BSed everyone and that was awesome. What I'm trying to say is that I feel that they will be using a stroyline that is more LOTRish, WarIII like, Dungeons and Dragons etc. From the few clips they released and the background music this is my impression.

Ya I'm probably assuming a lot as its not done yet, but this is how I feel about what they've shown us so far. Hope I'm wrong and it becomes an awesome game.
CtS-SiegeTank
CtS-SiegeTank
Admin

https://cts-team.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum