Conquer the Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(June 23) NEWS: The State Of The Clan, And The Future

+2
CtS-StarS
CtS-SiegeTank
6 posters

Go down

(June 23) NEWS: The State Of The Clan, And The Future Empty (June 23) NEWS: The State Of The Clan, And The Future

Post  CtS-SiegeTank Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:56 pm

Conquer the Stars is almost 2 Months old, Hurrah! I think its doing pretty good at the moment. Here, I'm going to talk about what direction I plan to take this clan in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First off, what type of clan are we going to be? I've been in and seen many different types of clans. Some are super competitive. Those clans only recruit C+/B- people, or something like that, and play in Clan League. They don't really care about who they recruit, as long as they're good, and play for them in Clan Wars. The good thing about these clans is you get to play with good players and improve your game a lot. A bad thing is they make you play ladder a lot, and you have to have a good record or they kick you.

Some clans, are for fun. They don't really care about your rank. They're main goal is to recruit as many people as they can, so that their channel is always active and there's always people to play with. This is good too because you get to play with clan mates all the time. But sometimes, these clans get really huge and its like your in one of those channels you start in when you join BNET with lots of AFK people.

Other clans, are small. They have a base of 4-6 active players who play SC a lot and hangout together. They can be competitive or for fun. This is good, but I don't think we can be like this. We all live in different parts of the world and have different time zones. Doesn't matter if 4-6 are really active, it will feel like a dead clan because they can't all be on at the same time.

What I want to do, is make Conquer the Stars a big clan, that has a lot of fun together, and someone is always on to play with. But at the same time be competitive and participate in Clan League. This might work out or it might fail big time. If it does fail, I'll be switching it to small and super competitive >_>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's what I'm planning on doing to make this possible.

1. First, I'm not going to be as active as I would like the next month (work/school) and I need help. Read this THREAD if you are interested in helping me. You don't need experience, just some spare time and motivation. CtS-Gaucho and CtS-kyTTym helping me run the team but I could use 2 more Co-Leaders.

2. Next, I'm going to be focusing more on Recruiting and Working On This Website, rather than Clan Wars. We'll still have CWs but only if you guys are interested. Let me know by posting on these threads:
CtS A-Team Clan War Roster
CtS B-Team Clan War Roster
Once we have enough players I'll go set one up. Shouldn't be hard to find another clan to CW, we have six Clan War Challenges as I'm typing this (after I had just denied three of them the previous day >_<)

About the website: Punkgirl13 is helping me figure out how to put the Iccup Stats on the front page. If you look at it now you can tell I'm having problems with it. Then I plan to mess with the colors and format of the website to make it look better. Let me know what you think of how it looks now, and what I should do! Also gonna try to make a custom banner for our team and put at the top instead of the Marines.

3. I want us to do more things as a team, besides Clan Wars.
Ideas:
A)"CtS Fun Night". We meet up on a certain date and all play our favorite UMS games (Micro Tourney, Phantom BGH, Nexus Destroyers, etc) and play 4v4, 8 player FFAs, Race Wars, Team Melee, etc.
B)CtS Clan Tournaments. 1v1 Tournaments for A-Team and a different one for B-Team. Two vs Two Tournaments. etc
C)Here's a stupid one I just thought of. "CtS Raids BNET" Get 4 CtS members and go on bnet. Join all those 4v4 BGH or FPM and do strategies like x4 4 Pool, x4 BBS in middle of the map, x4 Cannon Rush behind minerals, x4 SCV Rush, etc. Have fun pwning noobs and take pictures.

4. Get more competitive.
Ideas:
A)Participate in Clan League. Their are 3 Leagues. Iccup CL, WGtour CL, and BWCL. To do this we'll need either:
-------1)at least two B- players
or
-------2)four solid C+ players
Who are all active. Its just like playing Clan Wars every week but against Gosu teams. This will take a while since we don't meet those requirements yet. I plan on going for C+ this season, and if I am able to, B-. The rest of you need to get better too Smile

B)Make CtS tag mandatory. Not sure if I should do this yet. But every competitive team does this and we will need to also. We might lose a few people if I do this now. Let me know what you guys think of this rule. UPDATE: I'm going to do this on September 01 (2 Months)

C)Make D+ mandatory and maybe later C-. Not sure about this. Let me know what you guys think. Basically, I give you like a month and you have to reach D+ or I kick you from the team.
UPDATE:D+ is now Mandatory. Everyone has until August 01 to get to D+. You have 1 month and it can be in either 1v1 or 2v2. Those who don't make it to D+ will be kicked (I might make a few exceptions but those who don't even try will be kicked). C- Will be mandatory the month after.
Let me know what you think of all this or if you have any ideas!

PS- It's almost July so I'm going to be kicking all the inactive people. I'll be sending everyone PMs to check for activity. Answer them please!

Last edited by CtS-SiegeTank on Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
CtS-SiegeTank
CtS-SiegeTank
Admin

https://cts-team.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

(June 23) NEWS: The State Of The Clan, And The Future Empty Re: (June 23) NEWS: The State Of The Clan, And The Future

Post  CtS-StarS Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:04 pm

hey seige I'm still intrested in helping you out I work full time during the weeks but I get on when I get home, and weekends its honestly give or take depending on what I'm getting into Wink

CtS-StarS

Back to top Go down

(June 23) NEWS: The State Of The Clan, And The Future Empty Re: (June 23) NEWS: The State Of The Clan, And The Future

Post  CtS-Gaucho Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:53 pm

Oh its really good, i like your ideas and expectatives for CtS.
I'll give the best of me to helping out you and every people in CtS. I think we are getting better every single day and that motivates me.
CtS-Gaucho
CtS-Gaucho

Back to top Go down

Post  CtS-knyttym Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:48 pm

I like all the plans. I think forcing C- is a good idea. I know the majority of CtS can get C- pretty easily as long as they play enough games.

I think having a base of 10 is a good idea for CL.
2 or 3 B-
4 or 5 C+
3 to 5 C

Lastly the "Fun night" sounds really interesting, but it might be hard to gather enough people. But if we can, I think playing would be great. Also the in clan tournaments are always fun.

CtS-knyttym

Back to top Go down

Post  astrL Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:40 pm

I am not sure i can actuelly get C- yeah for a P user it is easy to reach C- but for the two other race you need more practice...

Therefore, yeah forcing rank could be a good idea but not for all, that mean you have to force one member to reach D+ an other C- an other C...

If you want go on Clan league i think you should have a small group of member like 8 peoples. 8 peoples who train togather alll the time to practice practice practice...

Do you want a big team of 100 members Oo? i am not sure it is the better, i prefer know all my team mate. It is a little boring do go on channel and always say " Surprised New member....." I play always with the same people and al lot of members are aliens for me Surprised
astrL
astrL

Back to top Go down

Post  CtS-SiegeTank Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:20 pm

I'll update the How to Get to C- Thread sometime soon. Terrans have it the easiest Very Happy You'll see.

Also, apparently 45 members is not enough to field 4 players for a CW (We lost by DQ, to IMP...). If it takes 100 members to do that then we'll get 100 members!
CtS-SiegeTank
CtS-SiegeTank
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CtS-cosmo Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:37 am

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the limit 50 members per clan?

CtS-cosmo

Back to top Go down

Post  CtS-SiegeTank Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:19 am

I thought it was just 50 on the front page, and then you had to click on 1,2,3, to see another page full of other members. Not exactly sure, I'll go ask an admin.
CtS-SiegeTank
CtS-SiegeTank
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CtS-SiegeTank Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:51 pm

Me and Punk got the Iccup Stats to work Very Happy
CtS-SiegeTank
CtS-SiegeTank
Admin

Back to top Go down

(June 23) NEWS: The State Of The Clan, And The Future Empty July 01 UPDATE

Post  CtS-SiegeTank Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:30 pm

1.I'm going to enforce D+. Everyone has until August 01 (1 Month) to get to D+ (1v1 or 2v2). I know everyone here can do it. If you need help look at Starcraft and Iccup Discussion forums for advice I posted. Also look in the Forums for each race. If you need more help let me know and I'll do what I can for you.
2.I'm going to enforce C- the next month. August 01 until September 01. I know all of you can make it to this as I will be posting more advice in forums and updating the HowToGetTo C- Thread.
3.On September 01, CtS Tags will be mandatory. All non CtS accounts will be kicked. So don't get too comfy on those.
CtS-SiegeTank
CtS-SiegeTank
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down