Conquer the Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT READ THIS: I Need Help Running The Team

5 posters

Go down

IMPORTANT READ THIS: I Need Help Running The Team Empty IMPORTANT READ THIS: I Need Help Running The Team

Post  CtS-SiegeTank Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:23 pm

The team is getting bigger with more people joining, and we keep getting more and more Challenges from other teams. I can't keep up with all the work to keep things organized and running smoothly. Its very easy and simple things that I have to do but it just takes up lot of time.

So I need co-leaders to help me run this team. If we split up the work it should take us all very little time to keep things running smoothly. To my current co-leaders: Look below to see what you can help me on. If you have no time or are not interested that's ok. I'll just make someone else Co-leader.

Anyone can be a Co-Leader. Everything you need to know is covered in the Co-Leaders Thread:
https://cts-team.forumotion.net/clan-discussion-f2/co-leaders-thread-t33.htm

Here is what I need help on:
1.Need one Co-Leader to help me run CWs for A-Team
2.Need one Co-Leader to help me run CWs for B-Team
3.Need 1 or 2 Co-Leader to help me Recruit new members.
4.Need 1 or 2 people to be "Clan War Scouts"
5.Extra Stuff for Site
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.Need one Co-Leader to help me run CWs for A-Team
Time Required: 5-15 Minutes a Day and 2-3 Hours on the Day of the CW.
Duties: You will need to help me set up and run at least 1 CW, once a week.

Read The Co-Leader's Thread. Basically spend 5 minutes a day checking your PMs. Then maybe spend 5-10 more minutes writing PMs, replying to PMs, and updating the CW Page. Next you will need to participate in the CW and post results, which usually take 2-3 hours.
Let me know if you can do this. If you're in A-Team even better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.Need one Co-Leader to help me run CWs for B-Team
Time Required: 5-15 Minutes a Day and 2-3 Hours on the Day of the CW.
Duties: You will need to help me set up and run at least 1 CW, once a week.

This one is a little harder than making CWs for A-team. You need to look for teams that are D+/C- while making sure they're not hiding any C/C+/B- players (like DeadStar and DBE). That will take a while since you have to PM them too, to see if they're interested in a CW (these teams usually don't CW). I'll help you with this. After that its the same as above.
Let me know if you can help me with this. If you're in B-Team even better.
3.Need one or two Co-Leaders to help me Recruit new members.
Time Required: Not Much, but you need an open schedule in order to meet players from different timezones.
Duties: Help me recruit new members and keep track of our Recruit Page:

http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/forum/team_forum_/clans_forum_/68477.html?1241903404

Read the Co-Leaders Thread. Basically you'll be sending PMs (or they'll send you PMs) to people interested in joining CtS. Then setting a time where you can meet them and try them out. You need to be a friendly person and be able to tell the difference between legit players and smurfs.
Let me know if you can help me with this.
4.Need 1 or 2 people to be "Clan War Scouts"
Time Required: Maybe 1-3 hours a week
Duties: Scouting out Teams we are doing CWs against and getting as much info as you can.

This is something I haven't been able to do lately. But it really helps when we CW. Basically you go to the other Team's Iccup Page and look at the profiles of their players to see what race they are and their rank. Look at their previous CWs to see how they set their lineups. And DL reps from their CWs to see how they play. At the moment this is harder because everyone is D 0-0.

This is important. If I were to scout CtS right now, I would find out that:
A)Their best players are mostly C Zergs and Terran
B)They tend to put two of their C Terrans/Zergs in the first two slots, and then 2 weaker players (D+/C- Z/T/P) in the bottom slots.
C)They always use a T/Z team in the 2v2 and its always the same two that played in the 1v1.
D)They tend to play standard rather than cheesy

Setting a line up with this info can be really helpful. Some teams are mostly P players. Others mostly P/Z. If I can I would avoid putting someone who is weak against those races in the CW. Some teams always put their strongest players first. Other put them last and have weaker players play first and cheese. Some players are just cheesy, some are expo whores, others mass big armies rather then tech or expo fast. Knowing this info really helps.

If you watch alot of reps/vods, know strategies from all match ups, and have time to do this, let me know.
5.Extra Stuff for Site
Punkgirl13 is helping me figure out how to put the Iccup Stats on the front page of our website.

But, is anyone good with PhotoShop or good at making pictures? We could use a banner that represents CtS. I have the Marines up there but that's so generic. Also have a picture of BattleCruisers and a Planet as our banner in Iccup (I ripped this off from somewhere I don't remember). What I have in my mind is a picture of a Star/Planet/Moon/Galaxy and then photoshop a bunch of Terran/Protoss/Zerg Air Fleets over that and then the words "Conquer the Stars" somewhere. If you can do this or have a better idea let me know.
Volunteers:

A-Team CW Leader- CtS-Dr34m5 (if no one else will do it)
B-Team CW Leader- None
CtS Recruiters- None
CW Scouts- CtS-Dr34m5 and ....

Last edited by CtS-SiegeTank on Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
CtS-SiegeTank
CtS-SiegeTank
Admin

https://cts-team.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT READ THIS: I Need Help Running The Team Empty Re: IMPORTANT READ THIS: I Need Help Running The Team

Post  CtS-Gaucho Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:53 pm

I can help you recruiting people. Also if you want, i can help you with the B Team but i can't promise I'll be able to help you all times with the CWs
CtS-Gaucho
CtS-Gaucho

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT READ THIS: I Need Help Running The Team Empty Re: IMPORTANT READ THIS: I Need Help Running The Team

Post  CtS-SiegeTank Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:51 pm

Are you sure you can be a recruiter? You'll have to check and send PMs alot and meet people online to try them out.

For B-Team CW leader, I need someone who will ALWAYS have at least 3 free hours around 19:00 CET on one day of the weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun). Cuz they have to be there for the CW.
CtS-SiegeTank
CtS-SiegeTank
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CtS-BarraKuDaX Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:53 pm

i could help him...a little...i mean me and Gaucho could work together and find some member Smile just you want to

CtS-BarraKuDaX

Back to top Go down

Post  CtS-Gaucho Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:11 pm

CtS-BarraKuDaX wrote:i could help him...a little...i mean me and Gaucho could work together and find some member Smile just you want to

we can divide our work and get better results ;D
what do u think about?
CtS-Gaucho
CtS-Gaucho

Back to top Go down

Post  CtS-SiegeTank Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:33 pm

I forgot to mention, Iccup only lets me have 4 Co-Leaders. I want it to be:
1 person to help me in CWs for A-Team
1 person to help me in CWs for B-Team
1 person to help me recruit D+/C- players <--ez job at the moment
1 person to help me recruit C/C+ players <--ez job at the moment

You guys can work together but only one of you will have the necessary powers to do the job ><. So I don't think that's a good Idea. I need one person per job with an available schedule like the ones I listed above. Will you always be available Fri/Sat/orSun, around 19:00 CET, Gaucho?
CtS-SiegeTank
CtS-SiegeTank
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CtS-BarraKuDaX Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:21 am

yEah siege i dont wanna step on someones toes...i just want you to know i could help if you want Smile I mean I just wanna be friendly... Smile so every choice you make is fine to me Cool

CtS-BarraKuDaX

Back to top Go down

Post  CtS-SiegeTank Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Hey Gaucho, a D+ Protoss wants to join the clan. Can you send him a PM and try him out?

Name: kill_you
Profile: http://www.iccup.com/gamingprofile/kill_you.html
CtS-SiegeTank
CtS-SiegeTank
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CtS-Gaucho Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:44 pm

CtS-SiegeTank wrote:Hey Gaucho, a D+ Protoss wants to join the clan. Can you send him a PM and try him out?

Name: kill_you
Profile: http://www.iccup.com/gamingprofile/kill_you.html

Ok Very Happy
CtS-Gaucho
CtS-Gaucho

Back to top Go down

Post  CtS-cosmo Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:53 pm

I can try whip up a CtS banner.
I'm not a photoshop gosu, but I'm not terrible.

Just gimme the images you want me to mix up.
Also, specify the sizes.

CtS-cosmo

Back to top Go down

Post  CtS-SiegeTank Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:14 pm

Ok I'll see if I can find some pictures
CtS-SiegeTank
CtS-SiegeTank
Admin

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT READ THIS: I Need Help Running The Team Empty HELP IS ON THE WAY

Post  CtS-StarS Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:52 pm

I can help with anything besides the CWs due to the fact that I do a lot on the weekends. I can recruit, help manage the site, pretty much anything. I've lead and co-lead some pretty succeful teams on sc and other games sooo just lemme know if you need me :]

CtS-StarS

Back to top Go down

Post  CtS-SiegeTank Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:01 pm

Hey Stars, at the moment I'm typing up a big post on what I'm planning to do with this team, so check that out for more info, and then let me know if you are still interested in helping!
CtS-SiegeTank
CtS-SiegeTank
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CtS-SiegeTank Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:10 pm

Stars, did you read the Co-Leader thread yet? Let me know once you have.
Also, do you know anything about HTML or CSS?
CtS-SiegeTank
CtS-SiegeTank
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CtS-SiegeTank Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:37 am

I'm going to update this thread soon.
CtS-SiegeTank
CtS-SiegeTank
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down